Watchwood has asked that I post some sort of list of design subjects that we'll be discussing and when. Here's a preliminary list based on my own design notes...
Preliminary Assumptions Going Forward
- Basic Turn Sequence (generated from discussion of #1)
- Discussion of overall project goals
- How we're going to deal with GW trademarks, etc.
- What the law dictates
- GW's trademarks, rights, etc.
- How we'll make a good faith effort not to infringe
- Definitions of basic Races/Factions so that our system supports the important differences
- Discussion of basic dice mechanics (hit/wound/whatever)
- How to overhaul Leadership (going to be big, with lots of offshoots)
- How we want heros to work
- Overall balancing of unit complexity/interaction compared to 40K and Warpath
- Elimination of needless randomness
- Introduction of efficiencies to reduce play time
- Increasing flavor/character of factions
- High Level Phase by Phase breakdown and discussion
- Definition of Unit Types...
At this stage I want to stay focused enough to keep us moving, but flexible enough that we don't rush too fast past important discussions.