Ryjak had some concerns about units being able to shoot through hills/buildings at range. While I'm finding in testing that adding GtG/Firing modifiers to the standard visibility modifiers gets tedious fast. So here's what I've thought up to solve both problems at the same time.
For those joining us, here's the current visibility charts:
Change 1: Gone to Ground
Instead of making GtG a straight +1 Evasion, I want to have it do the following:
- Change difficult shots to impossible shots (unit can't be targeted at all).
- Make visible shots difficult.
Change 2: Walls & Hills
- All walls and hills would grant GtG to any unit fully behind them (in a top-down 2D sense).
- Buildings & Hills are hiding terrain.
- Ruins and obstacles are concealing terrain.
- Firing weapons lifts GtG from walls & buildings, but not hills.
- 'Large Targets' don't get free GtG, but can still do it as an action.
- Units with 'Recon' ability can lift enemy GtG instead of shooting.
If the enemy unit fires behind a wall or building, then they lose their free GtG status and can be targeted from further away as a normal difficult shot.
Change 3: Elevated Shots
For elevated units, here's what I'm thinking:
- If a unit is at least 2" higher than target, their Awareness is doubled.
- If a unit is 6" or more higher than target, their Awareness is tripled.