While working my way through the next few assault pages, I've had some ideas on how Fear and Terror might work in the game. Psychology was always a big part of WHFB (in the early days at least), but it's something that really seems to have always been missing from 40K. Should we include something like that in WarStrike?
Fear/Terror in the Action (Shooting) Phase:
1) If your unit is within 16" of a fear-causing unit, then it must pass a LD check to shoot at any other enemy unit that does not cause fear.
2) If your unit is within 16" of a terror-causing unit, then it must pass a LD check to shoot at either a fear-causing unit, or a unit that does not cause fear.
3) Terror-causing units would be immune to both Fear and Terror. While Fear-causing units would be immune to Fear, and treat Terror-causing units as Fear-causing ones instead.
Fear/Terror in the Assault Phase:
1) Units charged by a Fear-causing enemy unit must pass a LD check or perform a Fall Back action. If they fail a LD check for a Terror-causing unit, they must Fall Back At The Double.
2) Units wishing to charge a Fear-Causing unit must pass a LD to do so. If failed, they may either remain where they are, or roll another LD check in order to perform a Covering Fire action with the fear-causing unit as the target. If this test is failed, then they must Fall Back.
3) Units wishing to charge a Terror-Causing unit must pass a LD check or be forced to Fall Back.Other fairly cool possibilities exist for things like Panic (when larger friendly units nearby fall back), Frenzy (some kind of IN boost to units that get into contact in melee).
Then there are (looking through an old edition of WHFB), some less... neat... ideas like Stupidity, Hatred, and Stubborn.
If we stick with Fear/Terror only, then those rules could be added to the Action and Assault Phases without too much trouble. But if we added anything else it would pretty much require its own "Advanced Rules" chapter.